Last Updated: 09-09-2023
Information We Collect
- Personal Information: We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name and email address, when you sign up for our services, subscribe to our newsletter, or contact us through our website.
- Usage Information: We collect non-personal information about your interactions with our website, including your IP address, browser type, and device information. This data helps us improve the functionality and user experience of Habits.Wiki.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To Provide and Improve Our Services: We use your personal information to provide you with the services offered on Habits.Wiki and to enhance your experience.
- To Communicate: We may use your email address to send you updates, newsletters, and promotional materials related to Habits.Wiki. You can opt out of receiving such communications at any time.
- To Analyze and Improve: We analyze non-personal data to better understand how users interact with our website, allowing us to make improvements and optimizations.
- To Protect Our Rights: We may use your information to investigate and prevent any unauthorized access, fraud, or other illegal activities on our website.
We take the security of your information seriously. We implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Habits.Wiki may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not under our control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these third-party sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any external sites you visit.
Habits.Wiki is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe that we have unintentionally collected information from a child under 13, please contact us immediately, and we will take steps to remove the information.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Thank you for choosing Habits.Wiki. We are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals and form healthier habits while respecting your privacy.